2017 schedule announced
The Green Bay Packers’ 97th NFL regular-season schedule – highlighted by five prime-time contests (subject to flexible scheduling) – was released this evening by the National Football League.
For the first time since 2012, the Packers open the season at home, and will play three of their first four games at Lambeau Field. In Week 1, Green Bay will host the Seattle Seahawks, marking the third consecutive regular season that the Packers have played the Seahawks at home. For the second straight season, the Packers will play a prime-time game on the road in Week 2, traveling to Atlanta for an NFC Championship rematch with the Falcons. Week 3 will see the Cincinnati Bengals play in Green Bay for just the sixth time, and Week 4 has the Packers hosting the Chicago Bears on a Thursday night for the third consecutive season (12th straight year in primetime).
Green Bay will begin October with back-to-back road games. The Packers will first travel to play the Dallas Cowboys, marking the fourth matchup between the two clubs since 2015 (including postseason), and then will face the Vikings in Minnesota in Week 6.
The Packers’ Week 8 bye, the latest bye week for Green Bay since 2014 (Week 9), is sandwiched by two home games. In Week 7, the New Orleans Saints visit Lambeau, their latest trip by date to Wisconsin since playing the Packers in Milwaukee on Nov. 17, 1985. Green Bay returns from the bye week to host the Detroit Lions on Monday Night Football, marking the third time the two teams have met on MNF and the first since 1972. In Week 10, Green Bay will face the Bears in Chicago, a place they have won in the regular season each of the last six years.
For three of the following four games, the Packers will face teams from the AFC North. After welcoming the Baltimore Ravens to Lambeau Field for just the fourth time, they will travel to Pittsburgh to play the Steelers in a Sunday night matchup. After stopping back in Green Bay to play Tampa Bay, the Buccaneers’ first December trip to Lambeau since 2000, the Packers will begin a stretch of three road games in four weeks with a trip to Cleveland. It is the first time since 2009 that Green Bay will finish the regular season with three of the final four games taking place on the road.
The Packers will finish their slate against the NFC South when they play at the Carolina Panthers in Week 15. For the second consecutive season, Green Bay will host the Vikings on a Saturday in Week 16. The Packers have won their last five regular-season games played on Saturdays.
Green Bay will close out the regular season at Detroit for the second consecutive year, marking the first time it has finished the regular season on the road against the same team in back-to-back seasons since 1991-92 (Minnesota).
This will be the first regular season that has the Packers playing home games on a Saturday, Thursday and Monday. Green Bay’s schedule includes six games against 2016 playoff teams. Two of those contests (Detroit, Seattle) will be at Lambeau Field, while four (Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, Pittsburgh) will come on the road. The Packers will play two teams (Atlanta, Dallas) that it played during the 2016 regular and postseason.
The dates and times for Green Bay’s preseason games have also been finalized.
For ticket information, please visit www.packers.com/tickets. For a secure method to buy and sell tickets, the Packers encourage fans to use NFL Ticket Exchange, http://pckrs.com/2017tickets. Please remember season ticket holders are unable to post tickets on NFL Ticket Exchange until mid-July.
– PRESEASON –
Date Opponent Time (CT) TV
Thu., Aug. 10 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 7 p.m. Packers TV Network/Telemundo Wisconsin
(Bishop’s Charities Game)
Sat., Aug. 19 at Washington Redskins 6:30 p.m. Packers TV Network/Telemundo Wisconsin
Sat., Aug. 26 at Denver Broncos 8 p.m. Packers TV Network/Telemundo Wisconsin
Thu., Aug. 31 LOS ANGELES RAMS (Gold Pkg.) 6 p.m. Packers TV Network/Telemundo Wisconsin
(Midwest Shrine Game)
– REGULAR SEASON –
Date Opponent Time (CT) TV
Sun., Sept. 10 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 3:25 p.m. FOX
Sun., Sept. 17 at Atlanta Falcons 7:30 p.m. NBC
Sun., Sept. 24 CINCINNATI BENGALS (Gold Pkg.) 3:25 p.m. CBS
Thu., Sept. 28 CHICAGO BEARS 7:25 p.m. CBS/NFLN/Amazon
Sun., Oct. 8 at Dallas Cowboys *3:25 p.m. FOX
Sun., Oct. 15 at Minnesota Vikings *12 p.m. FOX
Sun., Oct. 22 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS *12 p.m. FOX
Sun., Oct. 29 BYE
Mon., Nov. 6 DETROIT LIONS (Gold Pkg.) 7:30 p.m. ESPN
Sun., Nov. 12 at Chicago Bears *12 p.m. FOX
Sun., Nov. 19 BALTIMORE RAVENS *12 p.m. CBS
Sun., Nov. 26 at Pittsburgh Steelers *7:30 p.m. NBC
Sun., Dec. 3 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS *12 p.m. FOX
Sun., Dec. 10 at Cleveland Browns *12 p.m. FOX
Sun., Dec. 17 at Carolina Panthers *12 p.m. FOX
Sat., Dec. 23 MINNESOTA VIKINGS 7:30 p.m. NBC
Sun., Dec. 31 at Detroit Lions *12 p.m. FOX
*”Flexible scheduling” will be used in Weeks 10-15 and 17. Additionally, in Weeks 5-9, flexible scheduling may be used in no more than two weeks. In Weeks 5-15, the schedule lists the games tentatively set for Sunday Night Football on NBC. Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game would be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday orMonday nights. A flexible-scheduling move would be announced at least 12 days before the game. For Week 17, the Sunday night game will be announced no later than six days prior to December 31. The schedule does not list a Sunday night game in Week 17, but an afternoon game with playoff implications will be moved to that time slot.
SCHEDULE NOTES …
- Seattle, Sept. 10, 3:25 p.m. CT (FOX) – Green Bay is 10-3 against the Seahawks at home during the regular and postseason, including seven straight wins…It is the first time the Packers have hosted Seattle in Week 1…Including the postseason, it will be the sixth time the two teams have played since 2012…It will be the third consecutive season the two teams have played at Lambeau Field during the regular season…Including the postseason, the Packers have won three of the last four home games against Seattle by 20-plus points (22, 38, 28).
at Atlanta, Sept. 17, 7:30 p.m. CT (NBC) – It will mark the third consecutive time Green Bay has faced the team it played in the NFC Championship the next regular season (Chicago and Seattle)…It is the third time Green Bay has played at the Falcons in back-to-back regular seasons (1991-92, 2010-11)…The Packers have won three of the last four regular-season meetings against Atlanta…Nine of the last 10 regular-season matchups between the two have been decided by eight points or less, including six by three or fewer points…It will be the second straight year that Green Bay plays at a new stadium in Week 2 (first game at stadium).
- Cincinnati, Sept. 24, 3:25 p.m. CT (CBS) – Will be the Bengals’ first trip to Green Bay since they won, 31-24, in 2009…The Packers are looking to snap a three-game losing streak against Cincinnati and record their first victory over the Bengals since 1998…Six of the last seven contests have been settled by seven points or less, including each of the last four…While the Packers are 4-3 as the home team against Cincinnati, they are 4-1 in Green Bay.
- Chicago, Sept. 28, 7:25 p.m. CT (CBS/NFLN/Amazon) – The division rivals square off in a prime-time contest for the 12th consecutive season…It is the third consecutive year the Packers will host the Bears for a Thursday night game…The Packers have won seven of the last nine meetings against the Bears at Lambeau Field, including a 26-10 win last season in Week 7…Green Bay has outscored Chicago, 240-120, in the last nine games, scoring 20-plus points in seven of those contests.
at Dallas, Oct. 8, 3:25 p.m. CT (FOX) – Including the playoffs, it will be the fifth straight season the Packers and Cowboys have met…The teams split two matchups last season, with Dallas winning at Green Bay during the regular season and the Packers winning at Dallas in the Divisional playoffs…Green Bay has won six of the last seven games it has played against the Cowboys in the regular and postseason, including two at Dallas.
at Minnesota, Oct. 15, 12 p.m. CT (FOX) – Green Bay has won five of the last seven at Minnesota…Of the past 29 regular-season meetings between the teams, 20 of those games have been decided by seven points or less…They have split the season series both of the past two years…The Packers have a 28-27 record in away games against the Vikings.
- New Orleans, Oct. 22, 12 p.m. CT (FOX) – First time hosting the Saints since 2012, a 28-27 Green Bay victory…Each team has scored 20-plus points in each of the last five matchups, with three being decided by eight or fewer points…The Packers are 10-2 at home against New Orleans…As the home team, Green Bay has scored 21-plus points in all 12 home games against the Saints.
- Detroit, Nov. 6, 7:30 p.m. CT (ESPN) – Marks the 25th consecutive season (1993-2017) that Green Bay is appearing on MondayNight Football…Including a 1994 playoff victory, the Packers are 25-1 against the Lions in the state of Wisconsin since 1992…Green Bay has an 18-4 overall mark (.818) and a 10-1 home record (.909) against Detroit under Head Coach Mike McCarthy…Green Bay swept the regular-season series with the Lions last season for the first time since 2012 and for the seventh time under McCarthy.
at Chicago, Nov. 12, 12 p.m. CT (FOX) – Including a 2010 playoff victory at Chicago, Green Bay has won 20 of the last 24 meetings between the rivals at Soldier Field…Green Bay has scored 30-plus points at Chicago in each of the last four matchups (33, 38, 31, 30)…It is the Packers’ first November game in Chicago since 2001.
- Baltimore, Nov. 19, 12 p.m. CT (CBS) – The Packers are 4-1 against the Ravens, including 3-0 at home…The Ravens’ last visit to Lambeau Field was in 2009, 27-14 Green Bay victory…The last time the two teams met was in 2013, a 19-17 Packers win in Baltimore…The Ravens first played in Green Bay in 1998, a 28-10 win for the Packers.
at Pittsburgh, Nov. 26, 7:30 p.m. CT (NBC) – Four of the last five regular-season games between the two have been decided by seven points or less…Dating back to 1967, 11 of the last 14 matchups (including Super Bowl XLV) have finished with a single-digit point differential…Will be the second regular-season game at the Steelers (2009) under McCarthy, a Pittsburgh native…Green Bay is 19-15 overall against the Steelers, including a 31-25 victory in Super Bowl XLV…Will be just the second meeting between the two teams since the Super Bowl.
- Tampa Bay, Dec. 3, 12 p.m. CT (FOX) – The Packers are 31-21-1 against the former divisional foe…Green Bay has won both of the past two meetings, including the last game at Lambeau, a 35-26 win in 2011…Including the postseason, the Packers are 19-7 at home against the Buccaneers…Dating back to 1990, Green Bay is 14-1 at home versus Tampa Bay (including playoffs)…Each of the last six home contests against the Buccaneers have been decided by single digits, including four by three or fewer points.
at Cleveland, Dec. 10, 12 p.m. CT (FOX) – The Packers have won four of the last five against Cleveland…It is Green Bay’s first regular-season trip to Cleveland since 2009, a 31-3 Packers win…The Packers are 6-4 at the Browns, including wins in three of the last four…The Packers have scored 31 points in both of the last two matchups against the Browns, while only allowing a total of 16 points.
at Carolina, Dec. 17, 12 p.m. CT (FOX) – The Packers are 9-5 overall against Carolina, with wins in six of the last nine (including playoffs)…Either Green Bay (2014, 2016) or Carolina (2015) has made it to the NFC Championship each of the last three seasons…First December game in Carolina for the Packers since 1997.
- Minnesota, Dec. 23, 7:30 p.m. CT (NBC) – Including playoffs, Green Bay has a 9-2-1 mark (.792) against the Vikings at Lambeau Field under McCarthy…The Packers have scored 23-plus points in 10 of the last 11 home games versus Minnesota…Fifth straight season that teams have met in a prime-time game…First time the Packers have played a Saturday game in back-to-back seasons since 1994-95…Green Bay is 17-12 in regular-season Saturday games since 1925 and has won its last five, including a 38-25 win over the Vikings last year.
at Detroit, Dec. 31, 12 p.m. CT (FOX) – The Packers are 8-3 at Detroit under McCarthy, including a 31-24 victory in Week 17 last season to win the NFC North…The Packers lead the regular-season series, 98-68-7 (.587), and have won both postseason contests the two have played…Green Bay’s 98 wins over the Lions are the most the Packers have against any team.